Things to do this February half term!
1 month ago
Keep the whole family entertained this half term with some local activities on the Island and the surrounding area. Remember, kids under 5 travel free and dogs are more than welcome to join you on your journey!
- Robin Hill is running its popular Spirit of the Orient between the 11th and 18th February. Route 8 will take you there.
- Visit the cute donkeys at The IW Donkey Sanctuary. The sanctuary rescues donkeys in need. During half term you can even groom a donkey. Get there on route 2 or 3.
- Brand new IW Story Festival is an exciting 3 day February half term festival for younger children and family audiences at Quay Arts Newport. They have fantastic authors, illustrators, storytellers, comic book writers and performers and plenty of fun activities to do each day. Located a short walk from Newport Bus Station.
- The Wight Strollers Pantomime - Aladdin is taking place at Medina Theatre during half term. Route 5 & 9 will get you there.
- Our Charity of the year, The Wildheart Animal Sanctuary, is open. Find out about the animals in the daily talks and hear about the new Tiger rescues Softi and Toph. Jump on the route 8 or 24.
- Take a bus trip to The Needles Landmark Attraction on route 7
- Take a stroll around Quarr Abbey. Quarr Abbey is home to a small group of Benedictine monks who strive to dedicate their lives to the glory of God, and whose day is characterised by prayer, work and community life. Route 4 and 9 will drop you at the entrance.
- Wrap up warm, and take a trip to Southampton with Red Funnel Ferries. Our sister service Bluestar can take you across the region. How about a trip to Winchester or to the New Forest.
For more ideas Visit the Visit Isle of Wight Website
Make the most of our £2 single fare this half-term by getting out and about with the family! Click here to plan your journey.