Due to retirement, we are looking for a highly motivated person to join our Leadership team as Fleet Engineer based in Newport, Isle of Wight.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate excellent people skills to guide and motivate teams, ensuring statutory, legal, and regulatory compliance. A professional and calm approach with effective communication skills, through all mediums.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer the post holder’s key responsibilities will be:
· Accountability for maintenance, repair, modification, and overhaul of fleet assets to ensure fit-for-purpose and meeting customer business needs
· Achieve Company standards and continuous improvements in all aspects of the engineering function including buildings maintenance, stores, health & safety, work quality, and cost control
· Contribute to development and implementation of engineering management strategy for the fleet, including, maintenance, improvements, spares, and value engineering
· Develop and implement engineering management systems which comply with relevant legislation, and company and industry standards
· Identify and manage resolution of engineering issues, prioritisation of tasks and as appropriate escalate where they have potential to impact service delivery
· Overall responsibility for workshop health and safety
• Thorough understanding of fleet budget and spend
• Oversight for compliance in relation to operating licence requirements with accountability for ensuring both routine service and MOT timelines and scheduling are achieved
o Managing and maintaining an Authorised MOT Test Lane
· Building and maintaining positive professional relationships with customers, suppliers, and between key internal departments
· Create and manage a development plan to support fleet engineering management, leading the engineering team, mentoring / coaching as required.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Successful and proven history of leadership, preferably within the transport industry
• A relevant engineering qualification or able to demonstrate equivalent working experience
• A proven history of engineering and management of fleet compliance, as well as third party repair agents
• Experience of working in a specialised and demanding business, working to tight deadlines, and demonstrating an elevated level of flexibility and commitment
• A sound knowledge of modern PSV or commercial vehicles with a strong practical background
• Thorough understanding of safety systems and risk assessment techniques
o relevant H&S qualification desirable (or willingness to achieve)
• Excellent communication skills via all mediums
• Commercial and financial awareness with proven experience in change management
• CPC holder preferred (training can be given)
• A working knowledge of electronic maintenance systems an advantage.
How to apply...
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter describing how you meet the requirements of our vacancy to Nicola Friend, HR Business Partner, Nicola.Friend@gosouthcoast.co.uk.
Closing date for all applications 31st May 2023
We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.