Deck the Southern Vectis Halls - Competition
10 months ago
This year we need lots of help to decorate our Newport Travel Shop for Christmas, so we’ve launched our first ‘Deck the Southern Vectis Halls’ Christmas decoration competition.
From Monday 18th November, we invite local children to bring their homemade Christmas decorations along to Newport Travel Shop for us to display for the festive season.
Paper snowflakes, cereal box angels, foamy baubles, paper chains, pompom penguins, toilet roll Santas, reindeers made of twigs…we want to see them all! We need lots of creative decorations to stick on the walls, hang on the tree and sit on the tables and desk. We want to see lots of gold, glitter, ribbon, googly eyes and colour.
By bringing a homemade decoration to display in the Travel Shop, your child will be entering to WIN seats on the Christmas Lights Tour for your family this December, as well as other Christmassy prizes.
Our Christmas loving judge will visit the Newport Travel Shop on Saturday 14th December to decide on their favourite Christmas creations, awarding Christmassy prizes and the top prize of Christmas Lights Tour tickets to the winning child and their family, as we hold a mini Christmas party for the kids!
The competition is open to any local child aged 3 to 12.
Children should bring their decoration along to the travel shop, as well as their name and age on a slip of paper, then help our Travel Shop team decide where your Christmas decoration should be displayed!
The details for parents….
- Competition opens 18th November, please bring decorations to Newport Travel shop to enter between 18th November and 10th December.
- Please bring a slip of paper with your child’s name and age with the homemade decoration and leave with the Travel Shop team.
- The competition will close on Tuesday 10th December.
- The winning prize is a family ticket (two adults, three children) for the Christmas Lights Tour to be redeemed Friday 20th December only. Smaller prizes will be awarded for 2nd and 3rd.
- Decorations will be reviewed by an impartial judge who will decide on their favourite decoration and award the prize.
- Christmas Decorations will remain on display in the Travel Shop until after Christmas, please let the team know if you’d like to take it home earlier or would like to collect after Christmas.